Hair fall occurs naturally where old hairs fall creating space for the new hairs. However in the winter season, we observe that hair fall more frequently and their density gets thinner. Although winter is good for eating different foods and dry fruits, it is not friendly to your hairs.
In the cold months, the count of hair fall usually increases in addition of dry and itchy scalp. Is winter responsible for it?
More hair fall in winter is certainly not a myth. Humans receive hair fall in the beginning of cold season. Although some other seasonal variations in the cold weather also add to hair fall.
Scalp gets drier in winter times than that in summer season. Dryness weakens the hair roots resulting into hair loss. In the cold season, fungal infections also increase causing various scalp problems. Fungus causes more dandruff resulting to hair fall.
Winter problems are same to both men and women and when it is about hair loss, the cold weather affects both genders. So both experience the same problem in the chilling season. In order to control the hair fall in winter season, experts recommend the following tips:
- Keep your scalp clean. Do not you store based shampoos as they contain higher levels of sulfate, instead consult with your doctor for a medicated one.
- Avoid going out with oily hair because they attract dust, pollution and dirt that make the problem worst. Wash your hair after applying oil overnight.
- Avoid exposing your hair to direct sunlight, cover your head with some cloth to prevent interaction with harmful sun rays that affect hairs.
- Do not wash your hairs daily. Washing your hairs daily in winters will remove essential oils secreted by the hair leading the scalp dry and making it susceptible to hair fall.
- Use a good conditioner to moisturize hairs and keep them clean. Avoid rinsing conditioner all over if your hairs are thick.
- Avoid using hot water for head wash because it dries off your scalp. Use lukewarm water instead.
Meanwhile people with extensive baldness should consult with a hair specialist. Today, there are different methods discovered for the hair loss treatment, the most popular is hair transplant that is a permanent treatment for baldness. If you experience that your hairs are falling more than usually, fix a meeting with hair specialist.